August 18, 2022

Maserietv.com

Review and News

Asking value for a regular U.S. domestic nears $400,000, up 13% in only one yr

Elton John will miss his own Oscars bash this year due to a scheduling clash...

Elton John will miss his own Oscars bash this year due to a scheduling clash and his husband David Furnish will take over, it has been reported. 
The 74-year-old singer has hosted an annual Hollywood party on Academy Awards night for the past 30 years, in order to raise money for his Aids Foundation, but he will be absent this year. 
The Oscars have been postponed from February to March 27 when Elton is back on his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour and he reportedly didn’t want to disappoint fans after the tour was previously postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

Sad: Sir Elton John will miss his own Oscars bash this year due to a scheduling clash and his husband David Furnish will take over, it has been reported (pictured at his 2020 event with David)

A source told The Sun newspaper’s Bizarre column: ‘Elton is absolutely gutted he can’t make the party but it was completely out of his hands.
‘When his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour was rescheduled, he kept the first Oscars date free.
‘But when the ceremony was then moved, everything was already set in stone.’
Elton’s annual Oscars Party has raised tens of millions for his Aids Foundation to date and he always plans his touring schedule so he can attend.

Classy: The 74-year-old singer has hosted an annual Hollywood party on Academy Awards night for the past 30 years, in order to raise money for his Aids Foundation (pictured with A-listers Tom Kaulitz and Heidi Klum at the 2019 event) 

See also  Australian firms that pocketed probably the most from Jobkeeper scheme printed

‘It was completely unavoidable. Elton didn’t want to let down those thousands of fans who’d held on to their tickets for his gig in Nebraska and waited so patiently for the tour to be rescheduled after Covid’, the source continued. 
A representative for Elton has been contacted by MailOnline for a comment.  
However, the party will go ahead in Los Angeles, with Elton’s husband David hosting the star-studded bash in his absence, according to the report.
The insider added that David has a huge list of special guests that will be in attendance at the Oscars Party in Los Angeles and they will ‘more than make up for his absence’. 

Difficult: The Oscars have been postponed from February to March 27 when Elton is back on his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour

It comes after Sir Elton tested positive for COVID-19 last month during the tour. 
The legendary singer was forced to cancel two shows in Dallas, Texas as a result.
‘It is with great regret that the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour dates in Dallas set for Tuesday, January 25 and Wednesday, January 26 must be postponed due to Elton recently testing positive for COVID-19,’ a statement confirmed.
‘Fortunately, Elton is fully vaccinated and boosted, and is experiencing only mild symptoms. Fans should hold on to their tickets as they will be honored at the rescheduled dates to be announced soon.’ 

Stars: However, the party will go ahead in Los Angeles, with Elton’s husband David hosting the star-studded bash in his absence, according to the report (pictured at the viewing party last year)

See also  Hawaii Well being Division fines NextHealth $58K, orders corporate to prevent COVID-19 checking out

‘Elton and the Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour look forward to returning to the stage shortly.’
The flamboyant British rocker had only just resumed his Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour on Jan 20., when he returned to the stage in New Orleans after a nearly two-year hiatus.
‘Wow, we haven’t played a show since the 6th of March 2020. This is a new experience for us, I’ve never had this amount of time off in my life … playing music, well at least since I was 17 years of age,’ he told the crowd at that concert. 
‘I have a fact for you, you have been holding on to these tickets for 745 days. And I can’t thank you enough for being so patient. We live in funny times but we’re gonna have a great time.’ 
Elton has been keeping busy during the pandemic, releasing a collaboration album aptly-titled The Lockdown Sessions, which he made during the first COVID-19 lockdown. 
Marking his retirement from performing on the road, John’s global tour began in September 2018. 
Like other musicians he was forced to postpone live shows due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
His Farewell Yellow Brick Road tour had first been postponed back in March 2020. 

Kind: Elton’s annual Oscars Party has raised tens of millions for his Aids Foundation to date and always attracts huge stars (Kim Kardashian and singer Miley Cyrus attend the 2012 event) 

He announced at the time that he would be postponing 19 dates as the pandemic began. 
At the time, he told fans: ‘The health of my fans is of the upmost importance to me, so I have made the decision to reschedule my upcoming #EltonFarewellTour shows between March 26th – May 2nd.’  
Adding: ‘Unfortunately, as all of you know, there has been this awful pandemic…which is extremely worrying and extremely dangerous if we don’t take precautions.’ 
‘I would encourage you to stay at home, do what everyone tells you to do, take precautions, because I want you to be as safe as possible.’ 
He finished his statement by saying ‘when it is safe and when we can all enjoy ourselves together in the best possible circumstances.’ He had been expected to tour across North America until April. 
The tour is then scheduled to take him to Europe and back to North America before playing in Australia and New Zealand next year.
The Rocket Man star is expected to wrap up the tour in Europe in 2023.

See also  Khabar Lahariya’s tale is an Oscars documentary nominee — Quartz India

Glamorous ladies: Paris Hilton is pictured at the 2019 Elton John Oscars party in a daring silver dress

 

Elton John ‘will miss his own annual Oscars bash this year’ appeared first on maserietv.com.